GSA Schedule 70 HITSS II Acquisition for IT Contractors
If you’re a GSA Schedule 70 Contract holder, the following HITSS II presolicitation notice on FedBizOpps.gov may be of interest to you. Request for Proposals (RFPs) will be issued in August 2014 with contract awards beginning in November 2014.
The acquisition strategy for Hybrid Information Technology Services for State (HITSS II) is to award multiple Blanket Purchase Agreements (BPAs) to GSA Schedule 70 holders, who are small and disadvantaged businesses. The BPAs will have a one-year base term with four one-year options. The acquisition will have two tracks. In Track 1 (T1), one BPA will be awarded to an SBA 8(a) contractor and in Track Two (T2), multiple awards will be made to other small and disadvantaged contractors using the order of priority below.
The following priority sequence will be followed for the HITSS II acquisition (T2):
- HUBZone Small Businesses
- Service Disabled Small Businesses
- Woman-owned and Economically Disadvantaged Woman-owned Small Businesses
- Other Small Businesses
The phases of HITSS II acquisition are outlined as:
- PRESOLICITATION PHASE: Present- May 31, 2014
- INDUSTRY AWARENESS & DOWN-SELECT PHASE: June 1, 2014 – July 31, 2014
- SOLICITATION & EVALUATION PHASE: August 1, 2014 – October 31, 2014
- CONTRACT AWARD PHASE: November 1, 2014 – November 30, 2014