International Companies can Achieve GSA Success in the Government Market
The United States Federal Government is the largest buyer in the world. Last year alone, they spent $2.5 trillion. Of that, more than $37 billion was spent through General Services Administration (GSA) Schedules, the number one contracting vehicle for selling products and services to the Federal Government. Achieving GSA success is possible by utilizing GSA’s Multiple Awards Schedule Program. There are several GSA success areas that are imperative for international companies to be successful.
Key Steps for GSA Success
- Understanding the U.S. Government: Maintaining and building relationships are crucial to success. People buy from people they know, trust and like. In order to generate a sale, international companies should understand and use this simple formula: Need + Funding + Contract= Sale.
- Legal Compliance: International companies must be determined responsible by passing an established set of government contractor criteria.
- Identifying Government Needs: Research several governmental databases such as FBO.Gov and FPDS.Gov to find attractive government prospects for your company.
- Accessing Contract Vehicles & Teaming Partners: Find preferred contract vehicles to sell through and appropriate partners that will bring value to your company.
- Marketing & Business Development Basics: Identify and establish your government brand, find early stage opportunities, and understand the importance of technology.
International companies have a tremendous opportunity to compete and thrive in the U.S. Market. This isn’t to say GSA success will come overnight; a company’s success depends on their understanding of the U.S. government market and their ability to execute a refined public sector sales strategy.
To learn more about GSA success for international companies, register to join Silicon Viking’s upcoming webinar on September 19th at 11:00 a.m. ET.