GSA Advantage! – GSA eBuy
Being an awarded GSA contractor grants you access to two important government purchasing websites – GSA Advantage! and GSA eBuy. These tools were designed to facilitate business transactions, market research, and generally connect federal buyers with GSA approved vendors. Use of these systems by federal customers has become widespread so your success in developing business with the government will hinge on how you leverage each tool.
GSA Advantage! is an online electronic shopping and ordering system utilized by federal buyers. This online shopping center has been a great success since it was established in 1996, growing at a rapid pace to where it now offers access to 28 million products, services, and solutions from over 18,000 approved GSA contractors. The system is used widely throughout government – currently exhibiting 800,000 registered users and receiving 500,000 visits per day. In fiscal year 2011 alone, over 1 million orders were processed through the system, generating $531,100,601 in sales. GSA Advantage! is an essential tool for vendors wanting to expand their businesses to a variety of government customers.
Benefits to you include:
- Quick and easy identification of items
- Increases potential for strong sales
- Instant visibility and ability to broadcast price changes easily
- A direct link to your company’s website
- Reduces catalog printing and mailing costs
- Ability to list your products on the government’s Cloud Computing Storefront
GSA Advantage! is also a critical GSA compliance item. Within six months of contract award, vendors are required to upload their approved pricelist to GSA Advantage! and to keep it current moving forward.
GSA’s eBuy is the crown jewel of having a GSA schedule contract, easily allowing you to identify new business opportunities. eBuy is an on-line Request For Quote (RFQ)/ Request for Proposal (RFP) tool that streamlines the buying process for larger, more involved and complex purchases by allowing RFQs/RFPs to be exchanged electronically between government buyers and Schedule contractors – saving time & money.
Note: Only those GSA contractors who have uploaded their existing pricelist to GSA Advantage! will have access to eBuy. This means awarded contractors should move quickly in getting their pricelist posted.
Benefits to you include:
- Only schedule contractors who have their catalog posted to GSA Advantage! are eligible to submit quotes through eBuy.
- eBuy increases vendor sales potential as it increases awareness of new business opportunities.
- Contractors can view and submit proposals on RFQs for their awarded SINs that they were not invited to participate in by logging in at the Vendor Support Center.
- Contractor’s quotes are not visible to other bidders. Only the buyer can view contractor names and quotes.
- Contractors may include an attachment with their quote and may contact the buyer via e-mail if clarification is needed. Contractors may not include open market items in their quote.